History of Oyster Bay Estates
The Oyster Bay Estates subdivision has come a long way from its humble roots, which date back to the 1800’s. At this time, a small group of fishermen built homes and planted fields on what is now Oyster Bay. In 1881, Robert Jeffcott purchased the property for just $1 per acre. He later sold the land to Potter Palmer Jr, who ultimately sold it to Fred and Ede Wooley. The Wooleys owned the property from 1923 to 1951. They leased the land to a neighboring dairy farmer before selling the property to a developer by the name of Robert W. Newman. Newman then subdivided the land and filed the official Declaration of Restrictions on December 10, 1951.